♫ VOCAL FAQs
- I want to be able to sing higher, and sound stronger, clearer, or more “pop” up there.
- How do I prevent my voice from getting strained and tired?
- I want to stop singing off key, especially on the higher notes.
Also it can happen if you sing in acoustically challenging rooms which for example have a lot of reverb.
- Why does my voice sound so ‘classical’ sometimes?
- Isn't technique simply a matter of having more support, raising your soft palette and putting your sound in the 'mask’?
- I know someone who used to be able to sing really high, but now their voice seems to be getting lower. Why is this?
- What is a Triple Threat?
- I’m new to voice lessons and I'm afraid that my voice won't be good enough or I'll start to get bored.
- I just want an occasional lesson or two especially if I'm auditioning. Is this possible?
- I've had so many voice lessons, but I think that I still have some limitations. Am I stuck with them forever?
- There are some online singing 'teachers' who tell us that we don't need to do any exercises - we just sing. Is this for real?
- Why are you different from any other vocal teacher I've had?
I can tell you that:-
1. We are experienced and qualified vocal teachers with British teaching degrees.
2. We have lots of proven and unique-to-us vocal exercises that really do work.
3. We have been dealing with many types of vocalist for many years and can usually solve their challenges over time.
4. We can teach a wide variety of styles and genres including Pop, Country, Jazz, Broadway, Folk and Classical.
5. We are really good at helping people with their self confidence, especially for performing and auditions.
6. We are really, really patient and actually listen to our students' needs!
If this makes us different then by all means sign up for vocal lessons. Use the Contact Form below or on our Vocal Courses page to give us your email address so we can start the ball rolling and get you moving ahead!
Looking forward to working with you,
Robert and Lynda Jay.
G.T.C.L., L.T.C.L., A.T.C.L.